Saturday, March 31, 2007

Post 9 - "Observation" On Picture

The picture that I chose from the photo gallery is in black and white. The focal point of the picture is the people numbering more than a hundred, which are staring at something in particular. The large crowd is made up of mostly men, and a few females on the left side of the picture. Most of the men are wearing long trench coats except two of them. The first one of these is in the left side of the picture, next to a female. He is wearing a sports coat with some sort of logo in the back. The female next to him is wearing a head covering. The second man without a long coat is right of the picture and is wearing a long sleeve dress up shirt. He also has his hands inside his pant pockets. The commonality that all the people in the picture have is that they are all properly dressed for cold weather.

There are also a lot of different buildings in the picture. One of these buildings has a United States flag hanging from the second story. There are also, about six to eight United State flags just below the United States flag on the building. With all the buildings in the picture, and all of the U.S flags, one would have to assume that the picture is of a downtown somewhere in the U.S. Another assumption do to the U.S. Flags, is that the people are observing a patriotic event, such as a presidential candidate visiting them or a patriotic parade.



2 comments:

jacky martinez said...

I agree with you on the focal point of this image because the people are what stand out the most, my attention was drawn to the crowd in front of the buildings. What I'm wondering is what they are doing and why are they there. I definitely think that this photograph is from a past decade, maybe the 1960's because what they're wearing seems too outdated to be modern. I think you described vivid details from this picture like when you talked about the man having his hands in his pockets, I didn't notice that at all. All I saw was the large crowd standing outside I didn't bother to observe much detail. I think you did a good job of looking more into the picture. I also concide with you on the weather because no one would be so covered up if it wasn't winter.

nancybui said...

I liked your observations on this picture. What stood out the most to me is that everyone in the picture has a darker color, but there is one man in the picture that has a white coat on and it pops out to me the most. I wonder what all these people are looking at. It’s a mystery. Great observations on the U.S. flag, I didn’t even notice that until you pointed it out.